Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Few More Pieces to the Puzzle

Friday, January 28, 2011


A Few More Pieces to the Puzzle

As most of you may know, I've spent a lot of time lately trying to put the pieces of our family "puzzle" together. It has been interesting, to say the least, to see where and how some of these pieces have been found. I often feel like another "hand" is directing what I'm doing, as I go along. I have been aware of an area in North Carolina where there seems to be a lot of congregated Eborn family names. Recently, I became aware of a book, that has been researched and published about the Eborns in that area. It is called, The Eborns of Matchapungo, Hyde, and Beaufort Counties, North Carolina. I found a single copy of it for sale on Amazon.com, the only one I could find anywhere. Actually there was one in the LDS Church Family History Library in Salt Lake City. We went there during the daytime before when had our little family going away party for Philip and his family before they took off for Las Vegas. To my surprise the book was about 1000 pages long and contains hundreds and hundreds of rare records and information about the Eborns back east. I ordered it, and it came yesterday, so now I am a the proud owner of a rare copy of a tediously researched book about Eborns. So far I haven't been able to find the exact connection between them and our family, except that they appear to have originated in the same area of the British Isles. Some people may think I'm nuts to be working on a puzzle when some of the pieces are still missing, but I have been shown so many pieces over the past year or two, that I have absolute confidence that the pieces will eventually be made available. In the meantime, I shall continue to work on the puzzle and see how much of it I can breath life into. We all have an opportunity to be involved in this great endeavor", ...to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." The opportunity is great, but so is the responsibility, for us all. I am so grateful, that I can be a part of it.
The Spirit of Elijah is working on many people, why else would someone spend nearly twenty years researching books such as the one above

 by Bart

No comments:

Post a Comment