Thursday, November 8, 2012

100 YEARS AGO/ THE MORE THINGS CHANGE THE MORE THEY STAY THE SAME

Today, I have been reflecting on some important events of a hundred years ago.  The ones that have most affected my life in the eternal scheme of things were the birth of my mother, Edna Hymas, exactly 100 years ago today in Liberty, Idaho to Benjamin Pitman Hymas and Elizabeth Price Hymas and the birth of my Father, Darrell Eborn, to Arthur Phipp Eborn and Nina Louise Passey Eborn about three miles south of Liberty, Idaho in Lanark on October 6, 1912.  I cannot help but believe that in the preexistant realms they had discussed and chose to undertake these very events.  I am grateful for them and all they have done, whether in the preexistence, mortality, or is their present state to provide opportunities for each of us to come to this earth, to learn and have experience, to develop faith and attributes of character.  I, for one will be forever grateful for their love, nurture, and  example.  I shudder to think of where I might have been without them.



Lately, it seems I may have been a little preoccupied with the events taking place in our country and around the world.  We live in perilous times, but we are hardly the first to do so, and we will not be the last.  I thought someone might be interested in the events of 100 years ago, the year Dad and Mom were born into this world.  The times have changed alright, but in many ways they remain the same.  Each of us will have our appropriate share of challenges, just as those of past ages did. Such is the plan. They are not always easy, nor were they ever intended to be, but ultimately I am confident, that they will be worth the effort.  I pray tha each of us will face each day with hope and courage, just as our parents did through the years.



1912 (MCMXII) a leap year starting on Monday (link will display the full calendar) in the Gregorian calendar and a leap year starting on Sunday in the 13-day-slower Julian calendar.

 Events

 January

 February

 March

 April


April 15: The RMS Titanic sinks.

 May

 June

 July

 August

 September

 October

 November

 December

No comments:

Post a Comment